Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Arrival!!



Wow!! I can’t believe it. The long awaited day has arrived. I am in Taiwan!! I left on Wednesday August 26th. It was a long day of travel as I had to get up at 2:30 in the morning to drive to the airport. We didn’t get to Taiwan until after 8:00 the next night. I hadn’t slept much on the plane over, so I was pretty tired once we reached Taiwan. The flight over went really well. I really liked their food they served on the plane. I watched a few movies on the plane. This weekend is orientation so we are all staying in a university for the weekend. On Monday, we will be traveling to the different areas we will be living for the year. I will be stationed in Pingtung (pronounced Ping Dong). It sounds like Pingtung is a pretty nice part of Taiwan! The apartment that our team will be stationed in sounds nice also. I know this is random, but I just have to say that I like their city buses!! They are creatively colored, and have curtains with fringes on them. Pretty sweet!!


Me at the Minneapolis, MN airport on Wednesday, August 26th, the morning of departure!!

No comments:

Post a Comment